Thursday

Ted Godwin

Views

I had the pleasure of not only seeing Ted Godwin's exhibit at the Nickle Arts Museum late last year but I also happened to be there while he popped in for a visit. He was kind enough to sit down with some of us and answer all of our questions and offer up some helpful tid-bits that only a career of his length could provide.
He is truly an amazing man and his work leaves me speechless.
Ted was born in Calgary in 1933 and after graduating from SAIT (holla) in 1955, he began teaching at the University of Regina in the faculty of art. He later became part of what is now known as the Regina Five and his work continues to be met with critical acclaim.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to find photos of most of the pieces in the Nickle exhibit, but here is what I could find.


Said the Spider to the Fly - 1965. Oil and acrylic on canvas. This was by far my favourite piece in the exhibit. It's beauty can only really be seen first hand but I had to include it nonetheless.


Red Grew - 196. Oil on canvas


Lower Bow - 1991. Watercolour etching.


Untitled.